A Quiz To Do: Answers
Below are the answers to our quiz concerning the early Christian Church (Acts 4:32-37 and Acts 5:12-16).
But, before you look, did you read these verses of the Bible to find the answers?
Again, text for this quiz is taken from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible. Your Bible may be a different version and so the wording may be a little different.
First, in Acts Chapter 4, verses 32 through 37:
1. In verse 32, in what way did the company of those who believed [this is the Church] act toward one another?
The company of those who believed were of one heart and soul.
2. In verse 32, how did the believers treat their possessions?
No one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common.
3. In verse 33, in what way did the apostles give testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus?
With great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.
4. In verses 34 through 35, how were the needy among the believers cared for?
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.
5. In verses 36 through 37, what was the name of the native of Cyprus who sold a field which belonged to him?
Joseph who was surnamed by the apostles Barnabas (which means, Son of encouragement), a Levite, a native of Cyprus, sold a field which belonged to him, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Then in Acts, Chapter 5, verses 12 through 16:
6. In verse 12, what was done among the people by the hands of the apostles?
Many signs and wonders were done among the people by the hands of the apostles.
7. In verse 12, where were the believers all together?
They were all together in Solomon's Portico [this is in the temple].
8. In verse 13, how did the other people feel about the believers?
None of the rest dared join them, but the people held them in high honor.
9. In verse 15, whom did the people carry into the streets?
They even carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and pallets.
10. In verse 15, what part of St. Peter at least did the people want to fall on the sick?
That as Peter came by at least his shadow might fall on some of them.
11. In verse 16, from where did the people gather bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits?
The people also gathered from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits.
12. In verse 16, what happened to the sick and those afflicted with unclean spirits?
They were all healed.
There are altogether 12 questions asked in our quiz. How many answers did you get correct?
Go Back to the Youth Corner Main Page